Solar Water Heater
The robust model uses the natural circulation of water to heat the water. The thermosiphon effect is a circular thermal movement in which, the greater the temperature difference between the water in the collector and the water stored in the tank, the faster the water flows through the circuit.
As the sun warms the solar collector, the stored water increases its temperature, decreases its specific weight, expands, and becomes lighter. Thus, the hot water tends to rise to the top of the tank, while the heavier, cold water passes to the bottom of the collector where it begins to heat up. The water circulation is completely natural, so no pump or control unit is required.
This open loop system (a direct system without heat exchange) is developed for warm countries, where there is no risk of freezing or corrosion. The cold water moves to open the loop directly, and the water moves into the solar collector by means of convection.
Excellent characteristics of our robust solar water heater:
- The water tank is made of stainless steel and can resist all weather conditions.
- Tank capacity available in 150L and 200L, depending on your own level of hot water consumption.
- Internal tank layer of 50mm insulation to keep the water hot during colder nights.
- Solar collector with tempered solar glass and coated absorption plates for high performance.
- Aluminum frame structure with stainless steel screws has high durability.
The flat plate collector (1) functions like a sophisticated greenhouse by trapping heat of the sun to raise the temperature. It consists of a hermetically sealed box with a transparent cover, inside an absorption plate is connected by tubes that carry the heated water. After the heated water has circulated, it is stored in the stainless steel water tank (2). An electrical element and a temperature controller (3) allow you to monitor the temperature in the tank or increase the heat during very cloudy days or when guests are using hot water appliances (4).