Why Go for Solar Pool Heating?
A pool is likely one of the biggest investments you will make, and as with any other investment, you will want to fully enjoy the benefits of your pool. Even on hot days the water in the pool is often too cold, especially for larger pools or in places that receive little sunlight. Solar pool heating will assure a comfortable swimming temperature, even during colder days and seasons.
- Our systems are environmentally friendly, use a clean energy source and emit no pollutants.
- Solar energy systems are energy-efficient as they do not require additional electricity to operate.
- Since solar heating operates with the pool circulation pump, there are no additional operating costs.
- The typical life span of a solar pool heating system is approximately 10 years.
So… How Does It Work?
Your existing pool pump (1) pumps the water from your pool through the existing filter (2) and through the temperature sensor from the temperature controller (3). This controller compares the temperature difference between the pool water and the water from the solar collectors (4). If the temperature difference is large (for instance when the sun hits the solar collectors), the diverter valve (5) switches towards the collectors to heat up the pool water. If the temperature difference is small (for instance at night), the diverter valve switches towards the pool itself and the water will be pumped around. This animation of manufacturer Heliocol describes the system setup and the actual functioning very clearly:
We analyze how much sun
hits your roof every day.
REQUEST OUR OFFER
Ready to start with your solar project? Here is what you can expect after you purchase solar pool heating:
- We assess your location and all its characteristics.
- Solar collectors need to aim south, no partial shadows.
- You can ask us questions and we will clarify doubts.
- You sign the contract of purchase for your project.
- We import all your necessary components to Costa Rica.
- After the products arrive in our warehouse, we schedule the moment of installation with you.
- We install and ensure a fully functioning system.
- The duration typically is one day, but depends on the amount of collectors, your location and the weather.
- You are now able to swim in your pool heated by the sun!
Maintenance & Warranty
And after your system has been installed? An advantage of solar products is that they don’t need exhaustive and expensive maintenance. However, all components need to be periodically checked and cleaned in order to keep the system operating efficiently.
The warranty covers the installation of your solar pool heating system for a period of 5 years! In addition, the individual components of the system have a specific warranty determined by the manufacturer, which typically covers a longer period. So what happens in case a component breaks down?
As long as the system has not been damaged due to recklessness or lack of maintenance, we will remove or fix the defective product and will take care of the process between you and the manufacturer. For the exact details on our installation warranty please read our warranty certificate.