For off-grid systems, charge controllers are very important devices which protect the batteries and therefore extend their lifetime. They are used with systems that use battery banks to maintain the voltage to the batteries within acceptable limits, by tapering, stopping, or diverting power when the batteries are full.
In addition, they prevent the system from overheating and will even de-rate power when the temperature is high. Using intelligent battery management and automatic voltage recognition, charge controllers are not only necessary but will also help you to get the most out of your off-grid system. We have a wide range of charge controllers to exactly fit to your needs.
Excellent characteristics of our charge controllers:
- It increases the load current by up to 30% compared to a Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) controller.
- Protects your system against overcurrent and short circuits.
- Protects your system against reverse connection of solar panels and/or battery.
- Disconnection of low voltage load output to prevent from running down the battery too far.
- Besides our warranty on your entire installation, the manufacturer offers a warranty of 5 years on the charge controller.