Batteries are an essential part of any energy system that needs to function without the grid, either all of the time (off-grid systems) or during an outage (on-grid backup). Your solar panels will charge the battery bank whenever solar energy is produced, while your batteries will store it and supply you with electricity whenever it is needed.
As part of any off-grid system, we generally install lithium-iron-phosphate batteries from high to low capacity. An huge advantage of this high-efficiency type is that it has a long cycle life and does not need to be fully charged to increase the expected lifetime. Therefore, the higher initial investment (compared to conventional batteries) will easily pay itself back. However, for special projects we also have different types (Gel, AMG or OPzS batteries) available! Depending on your appliances and the amount of electricity that needs to be stored, we determine the number of batteries you need and connect them to each other in series.
Excellent characteristics of our batteries:
- Robust brand like Victron for high quality and off-grid reliability.
- Lithium-iron-phosphate type is safer and has a higher efficiency between charging and discharging.
- Easy to install thanks to its modularity, saving up to 70% in space/weight compared to conventional batteries.
- For special projects other types are available depending on your requirements.
- Besides our warranty on your entire installation, the manufacturer offers a warranty of 2 years on the batteries.
- The expected lifetime of each battery is 2500 cycles.